From: Aaron Bauman <bman@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Questions For Gentoo Foundation Trustee Candidates
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2019 16:12:38
1 On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 04:01:46PM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 11:54:48AM -0400, Aaron Bauman wrote:
3 > > > No. It isn't, because it would simply be a partial repeat of the
4 > > > previous section, 6.4 "election and term", which contains:
5 > > In context, my point here is that the general membership should have the ability
6 > > to remove a trustee or the entire board, if so desired. I was not intending to
7 > > be precise or definitive in the semantics.
8 > >
9 > > Simply: The general membership ought to have a mechanism to remove the entire
10 > > board, a single trustee, etc.
11 > Why do you act like there isn't already such a mechanism to remove one
12 > or more trustees?
13 >
14 > Section 5.6. Resignation and Removal of Trustees
15 > A director may resign at any time upon written request to the
16 > foundation. Furthermore, any director or the entire Board of Trustees
17 > may be removed, with or without cause, by a vote of the majority of the
18 > members entitled to vote for the election of Trustees or as otherwise
19 > provided in the General Foundation Law of the State of New Mexico.
22 Sorry if it seemed like I was ignoring Section 5.6.
26 Cheers,
27 Aaron