From: Chrissy Fullam <musikc@g.o>
To: 'gentoo-nfp' <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Cc: 'gentoo-council' <gentoo-council@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-nfp] Foundation by laws: new Article V
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 20:24:28
Refer to bylaws that were approved in today's Trustee meeting:

I cannot understand why a person cannot be on the Council and on the
Trustees? We had someone do so in the past and no conflicts or issues arose.
What is the reasoning that a person cannot serve on the technical team and
the legal team?

Please note: that I do not see validity in the statement 'what if Council
asks for money and dual role person on the Trustee approves it' as I think
that person would hold the same opinion regardless of being on both teams
unless we are saying that we cannot trust our Council people to not make
decisions in the best interest of Gentoo.

Kind regards,
Christina Fullam
Gentoo Developer Relations Lead | Gentoo Public Relations