From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Possible scenario for '07/'08 Trustees
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:02:47
1 On Tue, 2007-07-31 at 13:29 -0700, Renat Lumpau wrote:
2 > On 7/31/07, Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
3 > > OK. As I see it, we don't even have enough people *running* to be a
4 > > trustee. So, what should we do, instead?
5 > >
6 > > Well, how about this? First, hold an election with a few items:
7 > > - Join the SFC
8 > > - Become a 501(c)(3) in DE
9 > > - Become a 501(c)(6) in DE
10 >
11 > Why do we need to hold an election about this? I was under the
12 > impression the current trustees have already agreed. Or did I miss
13 > something?
14
15 We're not the entire Foundation and I don't think that we should make a
16 change that affects every member such as this without giving them their
17 voice.
18
19 > Personally, I would rather postpone the trustees election until we're
20 > done with the switch to the SFC. Grant, could we get a status update?
21
22 Well, I don't think we'll *need* trustees after joining the SFC. The
23 only function that we serve now that will still be needed is deciding on
24 how to spend our money, and I think the Council can do that well enough.
25
26 > As I said, I'm willing to help (and I might actually have time now),
27 > but I'm not sure where we are in our conversation with Karen.
30 Chris Gianelloni
31 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
32 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
33 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
34 Gentoo Foundation