From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Questions For Gentoo Foundation Trustee Candidates
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 20:57:38
1 On Sat, 2019-07-13 at 21:15 +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > On 2019.07.13 13:12, Roy Bamford wrote:
3 > > Team,
4 > >
5 > > This is a meta topic to collect Questions For Gentoo Foundation
6 > > Trustee Candidates together.
7 > > The idea seemed to work well on -project for council candidates.
10 > > will help keep responses and resulting discussion organised.
11 > > Accordingly, I will respond to this post with my question.
12 > >
13 > > --
14 > > Regards,
15 > >
16 > > Roy Bamford
17 > > (Neddyseagoon) a member of
18 > > elections
19 > > gentoo-ops
20 > > forum-mods
21 > > arm64
22 >
23 > Team,
24 >
25 > In the event that the newly elected Foundation board determine that the
26 > Gentoo Foundation should be dissolved in favour of joining an umbrella
27 > how do the trustee candidates see Gentoos assets being managed?
28 >
29 > We will still have to manage our own assets, defend our trademarks
30 > and so on. The Foundation will be gone and with it the group charged
31 > with doing this sort of thing.
34 The primary responsibilities will fall to Council, as effective leading
35 body of Gentoo. They can either take care of them themselves, or
36 appoint another group of people (project?) to do it under their
37 supervision.
38
39 The hardware and likes are already practically managed by Infra, with
40 Trustees only stamping transactions. I don't see much difference in
41 Council taking that over.
42
43 Trademarks sound like something umbrella would end up doing for us.
46 Best regards,
47 Michał Górny