From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Questions For Gentoo Foundation Trustee Candidates
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 20:15:52
1 On 2019.07.13 13:12, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > Team,
3 >
4 > This is a meta topic to collect Questions For Gentoo Foundation
5 > Trustee Candidates together.
6 > The idea seemed to work well on -project for council candidates.
9 > will help keep responses and resulting discussion organised.
10 > Accordingly, I will respond to this post with my question.
11 >
12 > --
13 > Regards,
14 >
15 > Roy Bamford
16 > (Neddyseagoon) a member of
17 > elections
18 > gentoo-ops
19 > forum-mods
20 > arm64
21
22 Team,
23
24 In the event that the newly elected Foundation board determine that the
25 Gentoo Foundation should be dissolved in favour of joining an umbrella
26 how do the trustee candidates see Gentoos assets being managed?
27
28 We will still have to manage our own assets, defend our trademarks
29 and so on. The Foundation will be gone and with it the group charged
30 with doing this sort of thing.
31
32 I asked this question to council candidates too and received only
33 two responses from 11 candidates.
34
35 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/8ebd22b9051fb8051dc0721cd6b02724
36 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/message/8fec651f7d5af156412767971b0773f6