From: Thomas Deutschmann <whissi@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 16:48:42
1 On 2019-06-30 12:36, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > Team,
3 >
4 > We now have two candidates for the trustee election who have
5 > a stated aim to wind up the foundation and move the assets to
6 > an umbrella.
7 >
8 > If that is successful, the bookkeeping and tax filing mechanics
9 > would be done by the umbrella but direction of the umbrella, on
10 > behalf of Gentoo remains with Gentoo.
11 >
12 > Logically, that role would fall to council.
13 >
14 > How do council candidates foresee the financial management
15 > of Gentoo being undertaken should the Foundation be dissolved?
16
17 From my P.O.V. this is not within the scope of the council:
18
19 Foundation is independent at the moment. They can do whatever they want
20 to do. Council can't force them to take any actions (like foundation
21 cannot force council to take a specific action). That's a legal thing...
22
23 So if foundation will be dissolved, foundation can ask community to come
24 up with some ideas. But in the end only foundation can decide. Maybe we
25 will move to SPI (https://www.spi-inc.org/projects/) but again, _only_
26 foundation can decide on that.
30 Regards,
31 Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer
32 C4DD 695F A713 8F24 2AA1 5638 5849 7EE5 1D5D 74A5