From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 10:36:37
1 On 2019.06.15 10:42, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
2 > Hi all!
3 >
4 > Last year we had a good initiative: it addition to (or even instead
5 > of) manifests nominees were asked questions by voters. So let's
6 > continue this year.
7 >
8 > I propose to have one question per thread spawned by this e-mail to
9 > keep discussion focused. If you have multiple questions, please
10 > start multiple threads. If your question was already asked, please
11 > join a thread.
12 >
13 > I'll ask my questions in subsequent e-mails.
14 >
15 > Best regards,
16 > Andrew Savchenko
19 Team,
20
21 We now have two candidates for the trustee election who have
22 a stated aim to wind up the foundation and move the assets to
23 an umbrella.
24
25 If that is successful, the bookkeeping and tax filing mechanics
26 would be done by the umbrella but direction of the umbrella, on
27 behalf of Gentoo remains with Gentoo.
28
29 Logically, that role would fall to council.
30
31 How do council candidates foresee the financial management
32 of Gentoo being undertaken should the Foundation be dissolved?
35 Regards,
36
37 Roy Bamford
38 (Neddyseagoon) a member of