From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Questions for Gentoo Council nominees
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2019 20:18:04
1 > If that is successful, the bookkeeping and tax filing mechanics
2 > would be done by the umbrella but direction of the umbrella, on
3 > behalf of Gentoo remains with Gentoo.
4 > How do council candidates foresee the financial management
5 > of Gentoo being undertaken should the Foundation be dissolved?
6
7 Typically an umbrella organization has a designated contact in the project it
8 administrates. So we need to come up with a way to introduce this office,
9 under supervision and authority of the elected council.
10
11 It does *not* make sense to introduce a second body again, since then we
12 plainly don't gain anything (well except that the books are handled by
13 professionals, but as long as Robin does it they are in good hands anyway).
17 Andreas K. Hüttel
18 dilfridge@g.o
19 Gentoo Linux developer
20 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)