From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] [RFC] Alternative methods for determining 'interest in Foundation affairs'
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2019 22:51:13
1 On Thu, Sep 5, 2019 at 6:42 PM Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Thu, Sep 05, 2019 at 01:45:25PM -0700, Alec Warner wrote:
4 > > > 3. It is really meaningless. Casting a vote does not really indicate
5 > > > any interest in GF. It only indicates that someone has done the minimal
6 > > > effort to avoid being kicked. There is no reason to conflate the two.
7 > > I'm certainly interested in other avenues of interest, but I don't see very
8 > > many in this thread other than "AGM attendance" and "asking people if they
9 > > are interested[0]"
10 > - Does involvement on mailing lists count?
11 > - What other ways outside development might somebody be involved in
12 > Gentoo? Not everybody is a developer, let alone an ebuild developer.
13 > What if we wound up with PR people who weren't devs at all, but loved
14 > to talk about Gentoo?
15
16 Gentoo developers do not have to have commit access. If somebody is
17 doing significant PR work for Gentoo then they should be made a
18 developer. Developers do not need to pass the ebuild quiz.
19
20 Anybody with an @g.o email address is a developer.
21
22 We used to use the term "staff" but anybody who used to be considered
23 "staff" is now considered a "developer."
26 Rich