From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Agenda item: Formalize Gentoo's org structure
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 19:48:14
1 On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 1:41 PM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 > Does that mean that I as Gentoo Developer does not have to respect
5 > the decisions made by Trustees? In that case I suppose all we have to
6 > do is leave the Foundation.
9 No, in this case you would ultimately need to leave Gentoo. Gentoo Linux is
10 run by the Foundation, controls gentoo.org, owns or controls all Gentoo
11 infrastructure, etc. However, you can of course fork the project and then
12 work outside the scope of the Foundation, since it is free software. I
13 would actually recommend this approach as the in-fighting is getting a
14 little ridiculous, don't you think? Time is better spent developing. If you
15 don't like how the project is run, start your own project. But don't just
16 hang around being disruptive and argumentative.
17
18 -Daniel