From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Please communicate with us verses blogging at us
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 03:06:32
1 On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 18:54 -0800, Square Bottle wrote:
2 >
3 > But I don't think that implying that he's trying to do this secretly
4 > doesn't really seem appropriate, in my personal opinion.
5
6 Had he not mentioned the conversations with the trustees. Would we have
7 know it took place? Granted we could also blame our remaining trustees
8 as well. But they aren't suggesting/dictating a radical change either.
9
10 > While only
11 > barely qualifying as a two-way street due to the ability to comments,
12 > his blog still expresses his sentiments openly.
13
14 Is that an official medium to conduct foundational matters? If one is to
15 make suggestions or offers to or about the Gentoo Foundation. Shouldn't
16 they use official mediums?
17
18 The Gentoo Developers were discussing this issue on an internal mailing
19 list -core. If it weren't for a leak, Daniel wouldn't have blogged.
20 Which he made a choice to blog, instead of a post to a public ml, like
21 -nfp. Not even using the medium that informed him in the first place.
22
23 Seems like avoidance of communication to me. Which I have had friendly
24 communications with Daniel in the past. Likely would again in the
25 present and future. Why he would not participate, does bother me a
26 little, and leaves one to wonder.
27
28 > Also, he's not trying to keep this mailing list a secret. I actually
29 > joined this list because I saw his suggestion to do so on his blog,
30 > and I'm sure that many others joined it because they heard about it
31 > from him.
32
33 Sure, and while he is suggesting it to others. Is he following his own
34 advice?
37 William L. Thomson Jr.
38 Gentoo/amd64/Java