From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [gentoo-nfp] Foundation meeting agenda for April 2018 - update1
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 19:39:34
1 On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
2 wrote:
5 > I tend to agree that comrel should not police this particular list.
6 > That does not mean that this list is provided as a forum for members to
7 > talk (or that any forum needs to be provided by the foundation). Again,
8 > IANAL :D
11 I do think a forum for members to talk is necessary, considering the
12 distributed nature of the members, and it's my understanding that this is
13 one of the official forums for members to talk. Not about any random thing,
14 but of issues related to the Foundation.
15
16 Also, for non-members, I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed to talk. In
17 this case, I'm specifically thinking about wltjr. If the trustees don't
18 have an issue with him being on this list, I think his ban should be
19 lifted. He was clearly once a member of the Foundation and as a former
20 trustee, he does have information related to the Foundation that is useful.
21
22 Best,
23
24 Daniel