From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Re: reopen nominations
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 16:50:23
1 >>>>> On Mon, 16 Apr 2018, Roy Bamford wrote:
2
3 > As for visibility, its a perennial problem. Look at the years when
4 > no vote is held and nominees are elected unopposed.
5
6 I would much prefer if we had an actual vote even in such cases, with
7 a _reopen_nominations marker. That way, the newly elected trustees
8 would at least have a mandate by the electorate. Without a vote, it
9 almost resembles a normal project where members can just join. IMHO
10 the threshold for trustees should be higher than that.
11
12 Also, I wonder if legal problems wouldn't rather arise from the
13 absence of _reopen_nominations? IIUC, countify will implicitly add any
14 missing candidates to the end of a ballot. So there is no way to vote
15 against a candidate.
16
17 Ulrich