From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Possible scenario for '07/'08 Trustees
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 11:03:49
1 On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 05:38:18 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > OK. As I see it, we don't even have enough people *running* to be a
3 > trustee. So, what should we do, instead?
4 >
5 > Well, how about this? First, hold an election with a few items:
6 > - Join the SFC
7 > - Become a 501(c)(3) in DE
8 > - Become a 501(c)(6) in DE
9 >
10 > Now, if the first is selected, we'd do the following:
11 >
12 > - Remove Paul as a trustee as he has stated he doesn't have time, he is,
13 > of course, welcome to remain if he wishes
14 > - Add Joshua as a trustee to replace Paul, or just to help out
15 > - Michael leaving if he still wishes
16 > - The remaining people are responsible for getting Gentoo joined up with
17 > the SFC
18 >
19 > Now, if either of the other two are selected, we've got problems, since
20 > we don't have enough people even running. This is another indicator, to
21 > me, that we shouldn't be wasting our time doing the legal aspects
22 > ourselves if we can't even get 5 people that want to do it out of 300+
23 > developers.
26 It is indeed a problem. I might clarify my position a bit. Basically I'd be
27 happy to watch things going along and giving advice (more like an advisory
28 board), but I don't really have the time to do the paperwork kinds of things.
29 Those are also very hard if you're not in the US. In some way it is also a
30 bit of knowing where to start.
31
32 I don't think it is urgent that I'm replaced, I'll still be around although
33 I'll probably not be able to always reply the same day. It is just that I
34 think others could do it better than I do.
35
36 Paul
37 --
38 gentoo-nfp@g.o mailing list