From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Nominee manifestos?
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 23:17:08
1 On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 6:04 PM, Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > The recent Council election results confirm that Gentoo is interested in
4 > shaking things up a little.
5
6 I'm not sure I follow. All 4 incumbents ended up in the top 5 slots,
7 and mgorny (the only candidate to outrank an incumbent) has
8 practically written half the proposals in the last year.
9
10 Overall it was a pretty conservative result. That isn't intended to
11 disparage anybody who wasn't an incumbent (nobody starts out as an
12 incumbent) - just an observation that as has been the case in the last
13 few years the incumbents have tended to win.
16 Rich