From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Nominee manifestos?
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:15:34
1 On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 5:16 AM, Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 09:05:23 +0100 Roy Bamford wrote:
3 >>
4 >> A better measure of change might be incumbants unseated.
5 >> For example, this year rich0 and blueness did not stand for
6 >> reelection, so its not an indicator of change that they were
7 >> not reelected.
8 >
9 > The sheer fact that they do not accept nominations induces a
10 > change. Yes, reasons for this change is different: acting council
11 > members want to step off for their own reasons, but nevertheless
12 > this brings new people and a change.
15 Sure, but the original statement was "The recent Council election
16 results confirm that Gentoo is interested in shaking things up a
17 little."
18
19 It seems to me that at best they only demonstrate that blueness and I
20 were interested in shaking things up a little, and even that is
21 reaching a bit since motivations could have been personal and not
22 related to Gentoo.
23
24 I think the opportunity for change is a good thing, as the last few
25 years is about as static as I remember the Gentoo leadership ever
26 being since the drobbins days. However, I don't think it necessarily
27 reflects any kind of general dissatisfaction.
30 Rich