From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] [RFC] Bylaws change: removing retired developers by default
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2018 10:59:08
1 On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 3:42 AM Robin H. Johnson <robbat2@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > The email bounce case or simply not having anywhere to send IS a
4 > concern. Two (angelos, josejx) of the developers that are proposed for
5 > removal in the most recent cycle did not provide any forwarding address
6 > when they retired, and thus we have no easy way to ask them if they want
7 > to remain part of the foundation.
10 Do we really want Foundation members that we can't even contact? How
11 can they be said to be active in the Foundation?
12
13 We purge active devs from the rolls out of quorum concerns, which I
14 agree with. How much more should we purge people who we can't even
15 email?
16
17 Personally I'd go a step further and:
18
19 1. Immediately purge members at any time they are not an active dev,
20 without choice.
21 2. Not admit as members anybody who is not an active dev.
22
23 This would make Foundation members an interested subset of the active devs.
26 Rich