From: David Abbott <dabbott@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] PGP fingerprints of Foundation members (item for Trustees meeting)
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 21:13:30
1 On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 4:06 PM, Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 01:13:13PM +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
3 >> As discussed with prometheanfire in #gentoo-trustees, I am suggesting
4 >> the following as an item for the (September?) Trustees meeting.
5 >>
6 >> Apparently, the Foundation only has a list of PGP key IDs in
7 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Foundation:Member_List. Even worse, most
8 >> IDs listed there are only 32 bit IDs, providing no security at all.
9 >>
10 >> I would like to ask the Foundation to keep a list with the (160 bit)
11 >> PGP fingerprints of its members. (For developers, this information
12 >> should be readily available in LDAP.)
13 >>
14 >> Ulrich
15 >
16 > Great idea. I'm willing to update this information: do I need anything beyond
17 > LDAP access + keyserver reference to do this? I also noticed it hasn't been
18 > updated since July; do we have a file somewhere that has non-developer members
19 > to cross-reference?
20
21 Not that I am aware, their email is stored somewhere, Robin should know.
22 I keep a local copy but its not posted anywhere so the spam bots don't get them.
25 > Changing from Key ID to fingerprint shouldn't be a problem; it'll just
26 > be a wider table.
27 >
28 > --
29 > Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer, Trustee, Treasurer
30 > OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
31 > fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6
36 David Abbott (dabbott)
37 Gentoo Foundation Secretary
38 http://dev.gentoo.org/~dabbott/