From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Gentoo Foundation Trustees nominations
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2017 17:48:54
1 On Wed, 12 Jul 2017 11:59:16 -0500 Matthew Thode wrote:
2 > > > https://portal.sos.state.nm.us/BFS/online/CorporationBusinessSearch/CorporationBusinessInformation?businessId=214657
3 > >
4 > > I can't even open this URL using Russian IP, they seems to be
5 > > blocked. This answers pretty much my concerns. I can open it
6 > > through both Tor and proxies in other countries, of course.
7 > >
8 > > I don't know what entity is blocking connections, but my research
9 > > shows that blocking is definitely country-based: different cities,
10 > > ISP's ip's with the same result. In Russia there is a censorship
11 > > present, but the register of blocked resources is publicly
12 > > available for queries and provided URL, domain name and its IP
13 > > address are not listed there. So at least officially this site is
14 > > not blocked in Russia.
15 > >
16 > > I'm not 100% sure that Russian IPs are blocked in US to access some
17 > > US national resources, but it is possible.
20 > iirc, others have had problems there too, I think they may be blocking
21 > non-US IPs entirely.
22
23 I just tried from my host in Germany: it works perfectly fine.
24
25 Best regards,
26 Andrew Savchenko