From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Questions For Gentoo Foundation Trustee Candidates
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2019 15:51:08
1 On 2019.07.13 14:39, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Sat, 2019-07-13 at 06:17 -0700, Raymond Jennings wrote:
3 > > What are your plans regarding future relations between the trustees
4 > and the
5 > > council? I noted that the council isn't even mentioned in the
6 > bylaws
7 >
8 > I've answered this in detail in my Manifesto [1].
9 >
10 > Long story short, I believe the distribution should be self-governing,
11 > and Foundation should support it without interfering unnecessarily.
12 > This means that Council makes the majority of the decisions regarding
13 > Gentoo, and Trustees should work with the Council and respect
14 > the decisions made by it.
15 >
16 > [1] https://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/trustee-manifesto-2019.txt
17 >
18 > --
19 > Best regards,
20 > Michał Górny
24 Michał,
25
26 The ideals "self-governing" and "professional umbrella" appear to be at
27 variance with each other. The professional umbrella will have a board
28 of directors that Gentoo devs have no say in the appointment of.
29
30 How do you reconcile these apparently contradictory ideals?
33 Regards,
34
35 Roy Bamford
36 (Neddyseagoon) a member of