From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] [RFC] Bylaws change: allowing Council members to serve as Trustees
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 04:10:46
1 On 18-06-03 21:03:47, Raymond Jennings wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 6:40 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
3 > <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
4 > > On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 7:54 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
5 > >>
6 > >> Hello, everyone.
7 > >>
8 > >> This one has came up a few times recently, and I think it would be
9 > >> reasonable to finally put it as formal motion. I'd like to propose
10 > >> removing from Bylaws section 5.2 (Qualification) [1] the following
11 > >> paragraph:
12 > >>
13 > >> No individual shall serve as a Gentoo Foundation Trustee and Gentoo
14 > >> Council Member concurrently
17 > > <snip>
18 > >
19 > >> --
20 > >> Best regards,
21 > >> Michał Górny
25 > > I never agreed with this restriction and always felt it should be left for
26 > > the electorate to decide, so +1 from me on this proposal.
27 > > Regards,
28 > >
29 > > Jorge
32 > For my part I would like to raise a point of potential conflicts of
33 > interest if one person were to serve both roles.
34 >
35 > Though I'd be happy to let each electorate decide as well.
36 >
37 > To address the potential conflict of interest case, one might need to
38 > have clearly defined what they're supposed to do in the first place.
39 >
40 > Less rehashign what is already known and perhaps more formal
41 > documentation of it. There is some apparent disagreement.
44 Can you give an example of such a conflict? I think the only thing I
45 can think of is once we get travel reimbursement done is self granting
46 it. If such a thing happens (self granting) without VERY good reason
47 I'd likely organize a removal / vote of no confidence.
50 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)