From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] [RFC] Bylaws change: allowing Council members to serve as Trustees
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 04:04:31
1 On Sun, Jun 3, 2018 at 6:40 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
2 <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
3 > On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 7:54 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Hello, everyone.
6 >>
7 >> This one has came up a few times recently, and I think it would be
8 >> reasonable to finally put it as formal motion. I'd like to propose
9 >> removing from Bylaws section 5.2 (Qualification) [1] the following
10 >> paragraph:
11 >>
12 >> No individual shall serve as a Gentoo Foundation Trustee and Gentoo
13 >> Council Member concurrently
16 > <snip>
17 >
18 >> --
19 >> Best regards,
20 >> Michał Górny
24 > I never agreed with this restriction and always felt it should be left for
25 > the electorate to decide, so +1 from me on this proposal.
26 > Regards,
27 >
28 > Jorge
31 For my part I would like to raise a point of potential conflicts of
32 interest if one person were to serve both roles.
33
34 Though I'd be happy to let each electorate decide as well.
35
36 To address the potential conflict of interest case, one might need to
37 have clearly defined what they're supposed to do in the first place.
38
39 Less rehashign what is already known and perhaps more formal
40 documentation of it. There is some apparent disagreement.