From: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp <gentoo-nfp@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] [RFC] Bylaws change: allowing Council members to serve as Trustees
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 01:40:40
1 On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 7:54 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > Hello, everyone.
4 >
5 > This one has came up a few times recently, and I think it would be
6 > reasonable to finally put it as formal motion. I'd like to propose
7 > removing from Bylaws section 5.2 (Qualification) [1] the following
8 > paragraph:
9 >
10 > No individual shall serve as a Gentoo Foundation Trustee and Gentoo
11 > Council Member concurrently
14 <snip>
17 > Best regards,
18 > Michał Górny
22 I never agreed with this restriction and always felt it should be left for
23 the electorate to decide, so +1 from me on this proposal.
24 Regards,
25
26 Jorge