From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Fwd: agenda items for April 8th meeting
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 06:24:19
1 W dniu sob, 21.04.2018 o godzinie 17∶17 -0600, użytkownik Daniel Robbins
2 napisał:
3 > The second agenda item would be establishing a position of User
4 > Representative, ideally two people who would sit on the Council and whose
5 > responsibility would be to represent non-Gentoo-developer Foundation
6 > members in Council decisions. This would be a trustee-appointed position.
7 > It can be paid (small consultants fee) or unpaid. I have no problems with
8 > Gentoo developers serving in this capacity. The criteria for appointment
9 > would be that the persons should have a passion for representing
10 > non-Gentoo-developer perspectives for the benefit of the larger Gentoo
11 > community and the project overall.
12
13 1. So does it represent users or 'non-Gentoo-developer Foundation
14 members'? Because using the name 'User Representative' is incorrect if
15 it represents only a very small quantity of users. In fact, given that
16 all Gentoo developers are users of Gentoo, and they outrank the numbers
17 of 'non-Gentoo-developer Foundation members', I dare say that
18 the remaining Council members would be more appropriate as 'User
19 Representatives' than those you are proposing.
20
21 2. Are we talking about adding two additional members to the Council,
22 or replacing two of the seven Council members?
23
24 3. Why would they be appointed by Trustees rather than chosen
25 in an election by Foundation members?
26
27 4. Why would two of N Council members be paid? This really looks like
28 corruption to me.
29
30 5. Finally, why do you blankly assume that regular Council members
31 elected by the developers and the developer community itself can not
32 'have a passion for representing> non-Gentoo-developer perspectives for
33 the benefit of the larger Gentoo community and the project overall'?
36 Best regards,
37 Michał Górny