From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Agenda item: Formalize Gentoo's org structure
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 19:22:10
1 On 18-04-09 21:11:55, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > >>>>> On Mon, 9 Apr 2018, Matthew Thode wrote:
3 >
4 > > Yes, it is the biggest drawback. I'm not sure how they are allowed
5 > > to be what in effect is an officer though (council members are in
6 > > effect officers, even if not explicitly so, at least in my view).
7 >
8 > Please stop claiming this. Council members aren't officers of the
9 > foundation, the same way as members of the Debian technical committee
10 > aren't officers of SPI.
11 >
12 > Also, who are the foundation's officers is defined by section 6.1 of
13 > the bylaws. Especially, officers are elected by the board of trustees.
14 > The council is neither elected by the trustees, nor are council
15 > members even required to be members of the foundation.
16 >
17 > (I am ready to withdraw from my foundation membership if that should
18 > be necessary to clarify my status.)
21 In that case combining the two bodies should be simpler. Council
22 members, upon election would need to be afirmed and there sholdn't be a
23 conflict with their current job if what you say is true.
26 Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)