From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-nfp@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-nfp] Agenda item: Formalize Gentoo's org structure
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 19:12:02
1 >>>>> On Mon, 9 Apr 2018, Matthew Thode wrote:
2
3 > Yes, it is the biggest drawback. I'm not sure how they are allowed
4 > to be what in effect is an officer though (council members are in
5 > effect officers, even if not explicitly so, at least in my view).
6
7 Please stop claiming this. Council members aren't officers of the
8 foundation, the same way as members of the Debian technical committee
9 aren't officers of SPI.
10
11 Also, who are the foundation's officers is defined by section 6.1 of
12 the bylaws. Especially, officers are elected by the board of trustees.
13 The council is neither elected by the trustees, nor are council
14 members even required to be members of the foundation.
15
16 (I am ready to withdraw from my foundation membership if that should
17 be necessary to clarify my status.)
18
19 Ulrich