From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: Michael Haubenwallner <michael.haubenwallner@×××××××.at>, gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-osx] Re: Attempt to use prefix on linux as secondary...
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 00:36:02
1 Got around (hacked around) python issue (I have no portage user
2 currently, only the group). So in portage_data.py, I override
3 portage_uid to my userid
4 portage_uid=os.getuid()
5 and I'm rolling again.
6 Now I get the following:
7
8 Invalid package name in package.provided: virtual/libc
9 Invalid package name in package.provided: virtual/linux-sources
10 Invalid package name in package.provided: virtual/os-headers
11 !!! Problem with sandbox binary. Disabling...
12
13 PORTDIR /usr/portage
14 --- 'profiles/arch.list' is empty or not available. Empty portage tree?
15
16 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
17
18 Calculating system dependencies
19 emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy ">=app-shells/bash-3.0-r9".
23 !!! Problem resolving dependencies for >=app-shells/bash-3.0-r9
24 !!! Depgraph creation failed.
25 =========END OUTPUT============
26 Note the debug statement for PORTDIR, it is not prefixed!
27 I have the following set in make.conf:
28 PORTDIR=${PREFIX}/usr/portage
29 Am I missing something?
30
31 I'll hack it for now (that should get rid of the arch.list error).
32
33 Hopefully people don't mind the spam. Again, I'm not a gentoo dev, so
34 I'm learning about the guts of portage, hopefully this is useful (at
35 least as psuedo-dev notes) for someone else....
38 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list