From: Marcin Gabrowski <gaber@×××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] New document: Project targets
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:19:12
1 Hello,
2
3 On 2005-12-14, at 20:22, Grobian wrote:
4 >> We should find a simple way to migrate. Users need it.
5 >> Maybe the simplest deinstall all packages which bootstrap installed
6 >> is the best solution.
7 > Indeed. User migration will be an interesting exercise. I think it's
8 > more or less unavoidable to recompile everything for the prefixed
9 > install. Any ideas on how to do this are welcome. I guess the most
10 > trival one is to copy the world file, unmerge everything, and then
11 > reemerge everything from the copied world file. I guess this is
12 > not a
13 > good solution...
14 Looknig at DarwinPorts, I dont see any other way to obtain what we want.
15 Prefixed installation makes changes eg path in configfiles, libs.
16 I think that document, which tells users what should be done, which
17 files
18 move, how move and where move is require.
19
20 We should also remember that users that uses GetooForOSX didnt have
21 to be
22 LinuxUser before. For them location of some files dont go without
23 saying.
24
25 Thinking in prefixed way, we can say that DeveloperTools/XCode doesnt
26 be needed
27 in some way. I try think about simple bootstrap for Portage which makes
28 independend of system tools
29
30 Btw, what abuot draf skel of location dirs, files, configs of prefix?
31 What do u think about /opt/gentoo/?
32
33 gaber
36 gg: 606 ripe: mg3051 jid: gaber/gentoo.pl

PGP.sig application/pgp-signature