From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] New document: Project targets
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:27:15
1 On 14-12-2005 21:18:46 +0100, Marcin Gabrowski wrote:
2 > Looknig at DarwinPorts, I dont see any other way to obtain what we want.
3 > Prefixed installation makes changes eg path in configfiles, libs.
4 > I think that document, which tells users what should be done, which
5 > files
6 > move, how move and where move is require.
7 >
8 > We should also remember that users that uses GetooForOSX didnt have
9 > to be
10 > LinuxUser before. For them location of some files dont go without
11 > saying.
12
13 This is very well possible.
14
15 > Thinking in prefixed way, we can say that DeveloperTools/XCode doesnt
16 > be needed
17 > in some way. I try think about simple bootstrap for Portage which makes
18 > independend of system tools
19
20 Unfortunately we need some system headers to be installed, which are
21 only supplied by Xcode. So even though the dependency on Xcode is
22 minimal, currently you still need it, and they need to match the kernel.
23
24 > Btw, what abuot draf skel of location dirs, files, configs of prefix?
25 > What do u think about /opt/gentoo/?
26
27 We use /Library/Gentoo now, because that's more OSXier than /opt.
28 Inside this dir, everything will be in the same place as on a Linux
29 system.
33 Fabian Groffen
34 Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- Interim Lead
35 --
36 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list