From: "Dirk Schönberger" <dirk.schoenberger@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] New document: Project targets
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 21:24:59
1 > > Btw, what abuot draf skel of location dirs, files, configs of prefix?
2 > > What do u think about /opt/gentoo/?
3
4 > We use /Library/Gentoo now, because that's more OSXier than /opt.
5 > Inside this dir, everything will be in the same place as on a Linux
6 > system.
7
8 I don't really understand MacOSX file system hierarchy, but isn't /Library
9 user specific?
10 For real system level stuff there should also exist /System/Library.
11
12 Further on, I think Gentoo is more than a stand alone system, because it
13 installs other standalone applications.
14 This seems to be some mismatch.
15
16 Reagdrs
17 Dirk