From: Nimish Pachapurkar <npac@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o, patrick@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] PREFIX on Cygwin
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:48:53
1 Thanks for offering help. Here are some of my problems:
2
3 1. First of all under cygwin, any path that has two slashes at the
4 beginning is treated as a network path. So the seemingly harmless "root
5 + portage_consts.EPREFIX" thingy fails with error message "No such
6 hostname or network path: //opt/cyg-prefix". I worked around that by
7 changing root from "/" to "/cygdrive/c/cygwin_root".
8
9 2. Secondly, emerge is not able to generate dependency cache for the
10 system. I have two overlays in my tree and all I can see under
11 var/cache/edb is those two empty directories (plus the normal base
12 portage one). When I run emerge with --debug and --regen options, I get
13 this error for each ebuild file in the tree:
14 aug_get(): (0) Error in sys-devel/gcc-config-1.3.12-r4.ebuild (1)
15 Check for syntax error or corruption in the ebuild
16
17 3. Same error is raised when I try to run "ebuild" command on any of the
18 ebuilds with any option. At present, I am trying to trace through the
19 ebuild/emerge code to see what is going wrong. I have a feeling that
20 somewhere the root is getting set back to "/" or something like that.
21
22 If any of these error messages mean anything to you, please throw some
23 light.
24
25 Thanks,
26 - Nimish
27
28 Grobian wrote:
29 > Hi!
30 >
31 > Interesting to see some works along the windows way. We never tried
32 > anything alike, but of course we would be very happy if it would work
33 > somehow in the end.
34 >
35 > Could you give any error messages you get? Maybe they look familiar or
36 > does somebody here know what they mean exactly.
37 >
38 > Regards