From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] xorg-x11
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 17:44:01
Kito wrote:
> is probably > more useful. > > Talks a little about the $PORTDIR/scripts/ script, > which can automate the process of spitting out a chroot, as well as > boostrap both standard and progressive machines. I have some local > updates for better Tiger compatibility and clean up etc, just need to > test them a little more before I commit them. Any help is welcome.
I have the impression it doesn't really work for Tiger. I can't run the bootstrap script inside the chroot (there is no uname) and once I leave the chroot (to copy the file ;) ) I can't get in anymore. The dmg appeared to be mounted on /mnt/gentoo and I had to unmount it because hdiutil didn't like it. It wasn't mounted on my desktop anyway. Finder can't open the dmg. ditto(1) doesn't seem to be able to cope with copying files either, so I switched back to cp -R which worked like a charm for me... -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- Interim Lead -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] xorg-x11 Kito <kito@g.o>