From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Back to trying PREFIX on Linux
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 02:51:57
On Mar 2, 2006, at 7:52 PM, Marcin Gabrowski wrote:

> > I tried to eliminate constant value of PREFIX in .pkg on OSX. I > thing, that good way export this variable is exporting its as > system env, not in file. > Default pkg installs Gentoo in /Library/Gentoo, which in not exacly > what I want.
I don't think you will get very far operating on that pkg as all the binaries will end up with corrupt install_names. When bootstrapping from source, you can of course choose an arbitrary prefix. That being said, there should be a way to take advantage of darwins flexible dyld and even make the install_names relative to allow for drag-n- drop installation of binary pkgs to arbitrary locations(think how many cocoa apps are distributed). Haven't figured out the cleanest way to do this quite yet, but will most likely involved portage looping over the files and making sure all install_names are relative before merging to the livefs. --Kito -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list