From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] [PREFIX] portage 2.1.11 updates...
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:53:02
OSX Folks-

Again I apologize for the apparent spamming.

On 3/17/06, Kito <kito@g.o> wrote:
> > On Mar 17, 2006, at 12:59 PM, m h wrote: > > > I'm running on 2.1.11. Sitll getting the OSError: [Errno 2] No such > > file or directory: '/tmp/Mar17/var/lib/portage/world' > > after installing portage and running emerge --info > > Hmm, none of us are able to reproduce your problems yet. Out of > curiosity, does /var/lib/portage exist? i.e. is it getting the > locations confused? Take a look at and > and make sure the variables are sane. >
/var/lib/portage doesn't exist. The portage_const* files appear to have sensible values.
I'll see if I can catch the tail end of it. Here's what I'll do. I'll post a script that automates my linux build process. Then other folks can try it and see if they replicate what I do. Sound fair? Again, I want to work with you guys, not be a burden. 'thanks matt -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list