From: "Dirk Schönberger" <dirk.schoenberger@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] New document: Project targets
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:44:55
1 > > The MacOSX file system hierarchy is a mix of two subsystems.
2 > I think that proper way is make variable PREFIX or ROOT gives
3 > as configuriable.
4
5 > Adding coment in make.conf that for unix-way it should be in eg.:
6 > - /opt/gentoo or
7 >- /usr/gentoo or
8 > - /usr/local/gentoo/ or
9 > ~/gentoo/
10
11 > but for OSX way should be in eg.:
12 > - (~)/Library/gentoo or
13 > - /System/Library/.
14
15 > Default may second one.
16
17 Problem is that one folder is not enough, because you still need access to
18 the "classic" Unix hierarchy (/usr/bin, /bin, /sbin).
19 Perhaps you also want to use two or more prefixes.
20
21 The question which executable to start begins to look like path resolution
22 in a Unix shell, which I don'Ät really wan to implement
23 in a simple frontend script.
24
25 Regards
26 Dirk