From: Marcin Gabrowski <gaber@×××××××××.pl>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] New document: Project targets
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 23:02:41
1 Hello,
2
3 On 2005-12-14, at 23:01, Dirk Schönberger wrote:
4 > The MacOSX file system hierarchy is a mix of two subsystems.
5 I think that proper way is make variable PREFIX or ROOT gives
6 as configuriable.
7
8 Adding coment in make.conf that for unix-way it should be in eg.:
9 - /opt/gentoo or
10 - /usr/gentoo or
11 - /usr/local/gentoo/ or
12 ~/gentoo/
13
14 but for OSX way should be in eg.:
15 - (~)/Library/gentoo or
16 - /System/Library/.
17
18 Default may second one.
19
20 Second is better when we thinking on eg. iBackup, which gives
21 users simple method to eg. click backup GentooPortage or part of one.
22
23 Visibility in Finder for Users is also _very important_.
24
25 gaber
28 gg: 606 ripe: mg3051 jid: gaber/gentoo.pl

PGP.sig application/pgp-signature