From: Grobian <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] New document: Project targets
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 15:25:31
1 On 16-12-2005 16:17:07 +0100, Dirk Schönberger wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > does there exist documentation about what is needed for a basic Gentoo
5 > system is needed. I think my idea is to start from scratch, i.e. a basic
6 > chroot jail, and after that start merging/mounting the needed folders.
7 > This should start with the basic Unix file system hierarchy (i.e. /etc,
8 > /usr and stuff).
9 > After that the ffiles / folders neeeded for a Gentoo OSX system could be
10 > added.
11 >
12 > If no documentation exist, does there exist _simple_ bootstrap scripts
13 > which I could use as starting points?
14
15 I think you mean emerge -epv system on a Gentoo Linux system. Otherwise
16 I go for a stage 1. Have a search for catalyst, it's the installer
17 builder tool.
21 Fabian Groffen
22 Gentoo for Mac OS X Project -- Interim Lead
23 --
24 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list