From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Current status
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 08:10:21
On 31. Jul 2005, at 6:34 Uhr, Kito wrote:

>> and the 'progressive' profile (a free-for-all >> overwrite-whatever-you-want policy). > > the progressive profile is anything but a 'free-for-all'. Its primary > purpose is setting up the environment required to build the Darwin OS. > Nothing that gets installed in a default configuration will break OS > X. I use what are arguably the most demanding apps available for OS > X(shake, Logic Pro, Final Cut Pro, etc.), and have been for almost a > year now without any ill side effects from using the progressive > profile.
I did not understand. If i install something, that already exists, for example cvs or sed or bash, that replaces my OS X files ind there is no way to go back, isn't it? I don't want to use two "distros", fink and gentoo-osx, so if i try it i want to try all packages i need, then try to solve problems as good as i can, but when i realise, that i cannot work with it, i want to get rid of it and return to fink, which i'm not happy with but which is usable. I would be very pleased to be able to help you but there is this one step i will not go, sorry. Philipp -- gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-osx] Current status Hasan Khalil <gongloo@g.o>