From: Philipp Riegger <lists@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Current status
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 08:10:21
1 On 31. Jul 2005, at 6:34 Uhr, Kito wrote:
2
3 >> and the 'progressive' profile (a free-for-all
4 >> overwrite-whatever-you-want policy).
5 >
6 > the progressive profile is anything but a 'free-for-all'. Its primary
7 > purpose is setting up the environment required to build the Darwin OS.
8 > Nothing that gets installed in a default configuration will break OS
9 > X. I use what are arguably the most demanding apps available for OS
10 > X(shake, Logic Pro, Final Cut Pro, etc.), and have been for almost a
11 > year now without any ill side effects from using the progressive
12 > profile.
13
14 I did not understand. If i install something, that already exists, for
15 example cvs or sed or bash, that replaces my OS X files ind there is no
16 way to go back, isn't it? I don't want to use two "distros", fink and
17 gentoo-osx, so if i try it i want to try all packages i need, then try
18 to solve problems as good as i can, but when i realise, that i cannot
19 work with it, i want to get rid of it and return to fink, which i'm not
20 happy with but which is usable.
21
22 I would be very pleased to be able to help you but there is this one
23 step i will not go, sorry.
24
25 Philipp
28 gentoo-osx@g.o mailing list