From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Attempt to use prefix on linux as secondary...
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 06:36:02
1 On Dec 15, 2005, at 12:17 AM, m h wrote:
2
3 > Thanks for your response
4 >
5 > On 12/14/05, Kito <kito@g.o> wrote:
6 >>
7 >> On Dec 14, 2005, at 7:48 PM, m h wrote:
8 >>
9 >>> Another question. PORTDIR is not getting the prefixed value in
10 >>> portage.py. Kito, how
11 >>> are you setting this? Are you using an env variable?
12 >>
13 >> What do you mean 'in portage.py' ? The constants are defined in pym/
14 >> portage_const.py and pym/portage_const_autotool.py (the latter being
15 >> defined by the options originally passed to configure)
18 > I meant that when emerge calls out to the statements, functions in
19 > portage.py settings["PORTDIR"] is not returning a prefixed value....
20 >
21 >> I'm setting PREFIX at the top of ${PREFIX}/etc/make.conf and setting
22 >> everything else accordingly (my PORTDIR is a cvs checkout of the
23 >> mainline portage tree, PORTDIR_OVERLAY is the snapshot I posted)
24 >>
25 >> Right now, the defaults are all still the same as vanilla portage,
26 >> i.e. /usr/*
27 >
28 > Sorry, but can you explain what you mean by "everything else" and "the
29 > defaults" above? I want to make sure I'm following you.
32 Just start from the make.conf.example and read the comments, edit
33 accordingly. The main ones are:
34 PORTDIR=${PREFIX}/usr/portage
35 DISTDIR=${PORTDIR}/distfiles
36 PKGDIR=${PORTDIR}/packages
37 PORTAGE_TMPDIR=${PREFIX}/var/tmp
38 PORTDIR_OVERLAY=/Volumes/Portage/trunk/prefix
39
40 > I'm not using macos (I'm using linux). So if I understand you
41 > correctly I don't need to change anything from the default linux
42 > profile other than adding FEATURES="-collision-protect". Cool. My
43 > question remains, where do I get this profile from? (In svn)
44
45 Its not in svn currently, so you'll need to make your own. The first
46 thing would be setting up the packages file, to override some things
47 in the PORTDIR/profiles/base like the kernel and system headers,
48 which you won't want portage handling as your host os will provide
49 those.
52 > Any idea when anonymous SVN will be working?
53
54 The portage anon repo should still be available at `svn co svn://
55 twobit.net/portage`, otherwise the 2.0.54 snapshot in my distfiles
56 directory is current as of 12/14. Still waiting on daily snapshots of
57 the prefix tree.
58
59 Please keep the ML and/or the wiki posted with your progress on linux
60 and I'll incorporate the needed changes.
61
62 Cheers,
63
64 --Kito