From: m h <sesquile@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Attempt to use prefix on linux as secondary...
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 06:18:12
1 Thanks for your response
2
3 On 12/14/05, Kito <kito@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > On Dec 14, 2005, at 7:48 PM, m h wrote:
6 >
7 > > Another question. PORTDIR is not getting the prefixed value in
8 > > portage.py. Kito, how
9 > > are you setting this? Are you using an env variable?
10 >
11 > What do you mean 'in portage.py' ? The constants are defined in pym/
12 > portage_const.py and pym/portage_const_autotool.py (the latter being
13 > defined by the options originally passed to configure)
16 I meant that when emerge calls out to the statements, functions in
17 portage.py settings["PORTDIR"] is not returning a prefixed value....
18
19 > I'm setting PREFIX at the top of ${PREFIX}/etc/make.conf and setting
20 > everything else accordingly (my PORTDIR is a cvs checkout of the
21 > mainline portage tree, PORTDIR_OVERLAY is the snapshot I posted)
22 >
23 > Right now, the defaults are all still the same as vanilla portage,
24 > i.e. /usr/*
25
26 Sorry, but can you explain what you mean by "everything else" and "the
27 defaults" above? I want to make sure I'm following you.
30 > Obviously hardcoding in make.conf breaks the ability to merge to
31 > arbitrary locations from the command line like `PREFIX=/tmp emerge -v
32 > boof`
35 Well, PREFIX needs to be set somewhere...