From: Kito <kito@g.o>
To: gentoo-osx@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-osx] Attempt to use prefix on linux as secondary...
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 02:35:41
1 On Dec 14, 2005, at 7:48 PM, m h wrote:
2
3 > Another question. PORTDIR is not getting the prefixed value in
4 > portage.py. Kito, how
5 > are you setting this? Are you using an env variable?
6
7 What do you mean 'in portage.py' ? The constants are defined in pym/
8 portage_const.py and pym/portage_const_autotool.py (the latter being
9 defined by the options originally passed to configure)
10
11 I'm setting PREFIX at the top of ${PREFIX}/etc/make.conf and setting
12 everything else accordingly (my PORTDIR is a cvs checkout of the
13 mainline portage tree, PORTDIR_OVERLAY is the snapshot I posted)
14
15 Right now, the defaults are all still the same as vanilla portage,
16 i.e. /usr/*
17
18 Obviously hardcoding in make.conf breaks the ability to merge to
19 arbitrary locations from the command line like `PREFIX=/tmp emerge -v
20 boof`