From: darren kirby <bulliver@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] gentoo-performance
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 05:45:36
quoth the Jeremy Brake:
> How about speeding up the wait time on updating the portage cache after > a sync.. even on my AMD 64 3500 it takes a number of minutes to chug > through.. > are there any known ways to "vrrmmm" this up a little?
+1 Mine sped up for all of a day, but is slow as molasses once again. If I did my syncs during the day it might even peeve me...
> Jeremy
-d -- darren kirby :: Part of the problem since 1976 :: "...the number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected..." - Dennis Ritchie and Ken Thompson, June 1972

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-performance] gentoo-performance "Christopher Bergström" <cbergstrom@×××××××××.com>