From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-performance@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-performance] Horrible performance
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:04:42
1 Mansour Moufid writes:
2
3 > But actually it sounds like you don't have direct rendering? Check
4 > with glxinfo (from x11-apps/mesa-progs):
5 >
6 > $ glxinfo | grep -i direct
7
8 Thanks, but opengl is running fine. Well, it took me quite a while until I
9 got it working, but finally there was a version of ati-drivers that
10 worked, and from then on it kept working fine.
13 > If that works you can also try building the KDE libraries with -Os to
14 > help with memory. I don't think you should be using swap at all.
15
16 Me too. So -Os would only be a workaround to make the probelm less bad. I
17 hope I find a better solution.
18
19 Wonko