From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-perl@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-perl] g-cpan -u
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 20:56:55
Yuval Yaari wrote:
> Can't we rely on that if the CPAN shell relies on that?
"Almost" is the best i can give - what portage recognizes as a version string and what cpan recognizes are *almost* identical - almost. My thinking when setting this up was why waste the perl time to check if the module is newer when portage can do it for us already...but even as I type this, I see the advantage of saving time/resources checking and making ebuilds when there's no need. Flagging for improvements-to-do :) -- gentoo-perl@g.o mailing list