From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Characters allowed in EAPI names
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 07:34:47
> A hard rule there is a bit dumb, although frankly I don't hugely > care one way or another- if we have it, extend it to the three > rather than just paludis. Or drop it, don't hugely care.
> EAPI *does* need to be tightened to make clear the first char of > EAPI can't be '-'; it's used now via the cache as a marker to > indicate that it pulled the EAPI, but didn't know how to handle it. > It's live and in use, and has been an undocumented requirement > basically since day 1.
> No one is going to conflict with it, just best to explicitly note > it's offlimits as the first char of an EAPI name.
Yes, and I wonder why there was resistance against my suggestion. An EAPI name may contain any of the characters [A-Za-z0-9+_.-]. It must not begin with a hyphen, a dot or a plus sign. It's consistent with what we have for other names, like slot or category: <> Ulrich

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-pms] Characters allowed in EAPI names Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <arfrever@g.o>
Re: [gentoo-pms] Characters allowed in EAPI names Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>