From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI cheat sheet (for review)
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 11:17:04
1 On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:21:36 +0200
2 Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>:
4 > > On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 19:16:34 +0200
5 > > Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
6 > > > Attached is a PDF file with always two pages of one layout
7 > > > type. A margin note label is found in every example. Number of
8 > > > pages for the whole PMS in the following order:
9 > >
10 > > Mmm. Is part of the problem that we're not using a book style
11 > > layout? How does it look if we go for even-odd pages, with narrow
12 > > outside margins but larger inner margins, with labels always shown
13 > > on the inner margins?
14 >
15 > You confuse outside and inside here. Both inner margins are as wide
16 > as one outer margin. For the PMS one-sided is perfect as people will
17 > print it out one-sided, so the unequal margins would just look odd.
18 > Layout 2 and 3 are the ones I favour, but I am open to other
19 > suggestions.
20
21 By inner / outer, I probably mean even / odd or something. As a
22 picture, something like:
23
24 +-----------+-----------+
25 | aaaaaaa | aaaaaaa |
26 | aaaaaaa l | aaaaaaa |
27 | aaaaaaa | aaaaaaa |
28 | aaaaaaa | aaaaaaa |
29 | aaaaaaa | l aaaaaaa |
30 | aaaaaaa | aaaaaaa |
31 | aaaaaaa | aaaaaaa |
32 | aaaaaaa | aaaaaaa |
34
35 where l is our labels.
36
37 Big gap down the middle where the spine / two-up printing is, narrow
38 gap on the outside.
39
40 I suspect most people who print it out will be printing it out two-up
41 anyway.
44 Ciaran McCreesh