From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI cheat sheet (for review)
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 19:52:38
On Sat, 4 Apr 2009 21:33:39 +0200
Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o> wrote:
> > So what I'd like to be able to do is have it say "see section > > [funcs.src_unpack.3]" rather than "see section", and then > > when we have a labelled section, lay it out something like: > > What is possible is to reference the heading of the section and even > the name from \label. Displaying the label names in the margin should > be feasible, too, as far as I remember.
That would be helpful.
> > I realise this is somewhat getting away from your original patch. > > But I strongly suspect that the cheat sheet will be a lot more > > useful if it has references to exactly what the new src_unpack is, > > for when people need to look it up -- and it would help if people > > didn't have to print out a new cheatsheet to get valid section > > references every time we tweak the wording in such a way that the > > section numbers change... > > Correct, but a task I can't handle in the near future, I can give > some advise though and someone labelling all appropriate paragraphs > would do the biggest part. They should have a naming scheme like: > eapi4:<function>:<name> where function is something like > install|phase|etc.
Yeah, that'd work. I'm wondering what our best merge strategy is here. I'm inclined to think we're best off fixing all the labels on the eapi-3 branch (even if we can't get them displayed or used for named references just yet), rebasing that onto master (not much has diverged) once we have the go-ahead from the Council either next meeting or the one after (probably...) and then doing the cheat-sheet with EAPI 3 included on top of that. Or were you particularly desperate to get the cheat-sheet in for EAPI 2? -- Ciaran McCreesh

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI cheat sheet (for review) Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>