From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Cc: ulm@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] Rename?
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 07:55:04
1 Dnia 2013-09-21, o godz. 16:28:41
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> napisał(a):
3
4 > I've repeatedly been contacted by devs who are unhappy with the
5 > abbreviation "PMS" because of the results that show up in search
6 > engines [1]. I've also seen that it was ridiculed.
7
8 For me, the name sounds a bit like someone wanted to make a joke
9 and it ended up as one of the poor jokes which only result in
10 meaningful silence. I'm not saying that was the original intent but
11 that's what you can think of.
12
13 I think that a professional project should simply avoid such
14 'ambiguous' abbreviations. Much like we don't want naming something
15 'ASS' or 'NAZI'.
16
17 > So, what would you think about renaming to "Gentoo EAPI
18 > Specification"? Project, repository, mailing list etc. could be
19 > renamed to "eapi" (lower case or all caps, as appropriate).
20
21 LGTM.
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny