From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-pms] EAPI specification in ebuilds
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 16:31:29
On 04/11/2012 01:04 AM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> [...]
Yeah, it makes the 20 line limit redundant, and the only purpose of the 20 line limit was to support existing ebuilds in the wild. Since the EAPI parsing behavior is optional for older EAPIs, package managers can simply trigger a warning when they detect non-conformant ebuilds in the wild, and eventually make it fatal after the community has had sufficient warning. -- Thanks, Zac