From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-pms <gentoo-pms@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-pms] Too many EAPIs for feature table
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 08:11:31
1 Hi all,
2 Appendix D contains a big table of EAPI features. This was already
3 turned sideways when adding EAPI 3, but with EAPI 6 it will be too
4 wide for the page, even in landscape mode.
5
6 We could:
7 - Use a smaller font size. This would be a temporary fix for EAPI 6,
8 but for the next EAPIs we would run into the problem again.
9 - Split the table into two smaller tables (e.g., for EAPI 0 to 5 and
10 for EAPI 6).
11 - Omit the oldest EAPIs (e.g., 0 and 1) from the table, and add a
12 reference to a previous version of the document.
13
14 I'd prefer the last solution. Appendix D is only informative, and we
15 still have Appendix E which will list the differences to older EAPIs.
16
17 Any other opinions?
18
19 BTW, with the cheat sheet we'll run into the same problem. There we
20 have no other choice but omitting some of the information.
21
22 Ulrich